Job Number: MS03940Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-10-05
Salary Range: Over $150k
Leading Investment Bank seeking a Mortgage Specialist Vice President- Internal Audit to join their growing firm!!Company Information:
Name: Leading Investment BankJob Description:
• Manage, analyze and evaluate the Firm's Private Banking business focusing on consumer lending including mortgage lending, Security Based Lending, Finance and Treasury activities , Deposit Products, Credit and Debit Cards and regulatory requirements including DFAST and Safety and Soundness regulations to evaluate the risk and control framework supporting the business.
• Experience in performing bank related audits in accordance with OCC, FRB and CFPB rules and regulations.
• Conduct risk assessments for Private Banking Group’s audit entity universe to help drive the risk-based audit plan.
• Executing the annual risk-based audit plan to provide appropriate coverage of banking activities including mortgage lending. Ensure execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards.
• Executing audits from start to completion including detailed walkthroughs of key processes to identify internal controls, developing and execution of tests of control and substantive testing procedures for key controls, execution of testing, identification and reporting of issues. Involvement in scope determination, audit planning memos, developing testing plans, review of staff fieldwork, issue identification, issue discussions with clients and report writing.
• Provide management with an independent and objective evaluation of the control environment and evaluate management’s control consciousness.
• Conduct, as appropriate, quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with department documentation standards.
• Ability to travel when requiredRequirements / Qualifications:
• Ten years of audit management, related banking, regulatory experience within the financial services industry.
• Previous audit or compliance experience with a complex or medium size bank that focused on consumer banking including mortgage lending activities or related public accounting audit experience.
• A strong technical understanding of the regulatory environment with respect to OCC, and Federal Reserve regulations.
• Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous auditing. Multi-tasking of various projects and deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for audit reporting discussions with Senior Audit and Business Management. Prior experience communicating with regulators a plus.
• Experience with local, state and federal securities laws a plus.
• A B.S. degree in business including Economics, Finance, Accounting, etc. [note: an M.B.A. or equivalent postgraduate degree is highly encouraged to demonstrate the candidate’s discipline, commitment and focus].
• CPA, CRCM, CIA or other related licensing a plus.