Job Number: MS04182
NY - New York City Date Posted:
Private Equity Management Accountant
Name: Private Equity Firm
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Management of expenses including the
auditing and coding of invoices.
- Ensure policy and procedures are
adhered to for invoices and expense reports.
- Monthly review of the trial balance
and general ledger activity to ensure the validity of account balances and
the proper coding/vouching of invoices.
- Monthly preparation of account fluctuations
and journal entries for necessary accruals, account coding adjustments, etc.
- Support consolidating financial
statement team with account balance explanations as needed
- Accounting research and
recommendations to supervisor re: issues/concerns, improvements for
- Billing of expenses and providing
all necessary support.
- Preparation of quarterly
consolidated financial statements.
- Data requests and ad-hoc requests as
well as anticipation of needs for internal clients.
- Strong use of system to obtain
financial data from the system for analytical purposes as well as optimal
usage of the GL.
- Continually being proactive in
improving work flow, processes, policies, account analyses and
distribution of relevant information.
- Assist in developing and mentoring
- BS in Accounting
- At least 6+ years progressive public
& private accounting
- CPA helpful
- Strong team player with goals of
department and firm in mind at all times
- Must be a self starter with strong
self motivation, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities and
willing to assist in team responsibilities
- Strong understanding of accounting
principles and financial statement components, including accrual
- Excellent computer skills, with
intuitive understanding, including but not limited to Excel (including pivot
tables), report generation and general ledger systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Focused, detail oriented and quality
conscious with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with all levels of
management and employees in an open team environment
- Professional services industry a