Job Number: MS03507Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-05-14
Salary Range: $101-125k $126-150k
Newly created role at top Real Estate Firm!Company Information:
Name: Leading Real Estate FirmJob Description:
Responsible for the timely and accurate management reporting of firm's management company and various general partner entities. The position takes ownership of the entities’ books and related reporting. The candidate must be a self-starter, have solid communication and problem solving skills, take pride of ownership and have a keen attention to detail.
• Build key relationships within the organization to facilitate work flow and communication.
• Manage month-end close process and GAAP financial reporting including detailed review of all balance sheet accounts.
• Ensure compliance with SOX procedures and internal and external deadlines surrounding cash management and financial reporting.
• Work closely with various internal and external departments to ensure proper posting and maintenance of accounts and structuring as well as to inquire and investigate variances to budget.
• Prepare budget and forecast analysis by working with individual department heads and utilizing related management reports.
• Manage timely and accurate billing and collection of receivables.
• Review and approval of work performed by accounting assistant.
• Ensure invoices are processed and paid on a timely basis.
• Special projects as needed.Requirements / Qualifications:
• 6-9 years of relevant financial reporting responsibility within a large corporate environment or private equity management company.
• Thorough understanding of GAAP and financial statement and management reporting.
• Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required.
• Familiarity with accounting software-PeopleSoft is a plus.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.