Job Number: MS03544Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-06-30
Salary Range: $51-65k $66-80k
$8 billion AUM Alternative Asset Management Firm is seeking an Assistant Controller to support their growing business!Company Information:
Name: Financial Services FirmJob Description:
This firm is based in South America and growing their New York presence. They are seeking a junior staff member with a strong accounting/finance background who can handle an unstructured environment, who can able to adapt easily to changes and grow with the firm.
· Primary interface on an assigned set of Funds
· Prepare expenses allocations and manage payment process for the funds
· Prepare and oversee monthly/quarterly close of assigned set of Funds
· Prepare quarterly and annual Fund financial statements, including various analyses, financial modeling, and perform various special projects
· Monitor cash flow projections and daily cash management, including LP capital activity (i.e. capital calls and distributions / waterfall calculations)
· Prepare budget and forecast analysis with the development of related management reports
· Understanding of Limited Partnership documents
· Work with the Fund’s external auditors and tax groups annually
· Work closely with Investment Product teams and GP Accounting team on all accounting related functions.
· Assist Investment Product teams for Investment Companies’ accounting and reporting
· Provide guidance to team members and assist Investment Products team in responding to specific client requests.
· Participate in and contribute to regular review of overall processes and deliverables to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy
· Exposure to other areas including operations, investor relations, marketing and compliance.Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration of accounting/finance.
- 1 to 3 years of specific experience in Management Company/Fund/Partnership accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word and Access. Knowledge of Investran a plus
- Knowledge of Brazilian investment market/Fund a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and business acumen
- Excellent organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills
-Ability to adapt to different environments easily and be able to grow with the firm as it grows and changes