Job Number: MS04199Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2018-02-15
Salary Range: $66-80k $81-100k
Exciting Opportunity with a Premier Financial Services Firm!!Company Information:
Name: Financial Services FirmJob Description:
This is an awesome opportunity to join a quantitative trading firm with a unique focus on technology and collaborative problem solving!
This role will give you the opportunity to work within a global trading firm that trades a wide array of financial products including ETF's, Equities, Commodities, Options, Bonds and Currencies
Great culture! People of all experience levels, from the newest campus hire to the most seasoned trader, work together on the trading floor!
In this role, you will contribute to the overall global accounting function at the firm.
You will assist in the month-end close process and maintenance of the Company’s internal books and records. This includes the preparation of various accounting reconciliations and financial schedules that support the preparation of the financial statements.
You will assist team members in their collaboration with outside auditors and advisors on accounting policy decisions, and GAAP interpretations.
Your proactive approach in a fast-paced environment will be instrumental for success. Your attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and time management will contribute to success in this role.Requirements / Qualifications:
• Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 2-3 years’ of experience in a public accounting firm within the audit practice
• In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
• Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with a desire for continuous improvements
• Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to produce timely and accurate records, with an emphasis on the importance of supporting work paper documentation
• Ability to thrive in a team-based environment
• Highly organized and proactive
• Effective verbal and written communicator
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel