Job Number: MS04263Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2018-04-10
Salary Range: $66-80k
Great Opportunity with a Boutique Research and Portfolio Advisory Firm!Company Information:
Name: Financial Services FirmJob Description:
The firm is seeking a Junior Operational Due Diligence Analyst
Operational due diligence involves on-site visits/meetings, verification with various service providers, reference checking, and document reviews.
A significant portion of the role will entail liaising with external parties while performing due diligence and background checks, as well as reviewing underlying funds’ financial and legal documents.
Drafting reports involves extensive writing for the firm's institutional clients. New hires are expected to quickly develop both the subjective and objective skills necessary to assess the business risks of hedge funds from an investor’s perspective.
Over time, all researchers are expected to forge their own relationships throughout the industry.
• Conducting hedge fund operational due diligence calls and meetings
• Assessing fraud risk, back office sufficiency, conflicts of interest and other potential business risks
• Drafting research reports and communicating research findings to clientsRequirements / Qualifications:
• 1 to 3 years of accounting, audit, operations, compliance or legal experience
• Solid academic record
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Team player
• Strong work ethic
• Independent and critical thinking skill