Job Number: MS03551
NY - New York City Date Posted:
Real Estate Controller opportunity with an $8B AUM alternative investment manager!
Name: Leading Real Estate Firm
- Manage portfolio/financial reporting and accounting related to investments in multiple properties and lending transactions and other related investment activities in real estate.
- Work together with the firm’s RE investment professionals, legal team and tax team (including external tax accountants)
- Work with the fund administrator to reconcile hedge fund and private equity fund RE transactions and activity between the fund administrator’s systems and the funds’ internal portfolio accounting systems.
- Review and oversee cash maintenance for many real estate investment entities – including the coordination of closings, cash sweeps, receipts/payments of income/expense, etc.
- Communicate with Property Management and JV Partner teams.
- Coordinate gathering and analysis of valuation support with investment team to support funds’ valuation requirements (i.e. appraisals, debt valuations, cash flow analysis, etc.)
- Review and maintain budgets and record all significant accruals and reserves.
- Create/Review journal entries and perform month-end close.
- Work with outside administrator in overseeing and supporting external audits for RE funds entities.
- Review and oversee reporting to investors in the RE funds and/or other reporting relating to RE investing activities (working closely with the Investor Relations team at the firm) including investment and fund performance statistics
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4-8 years of total work experience, ideally including a mix of both public accounting audit/tax experience and accounting experience at another hedge fund, private equity fund, real estate operator or other institution performing real estate fund accounting responsibilities similar to those described above.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- We want individuals who are driven to be the best at what they do and who continually seek to improve.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven nature, a low ego, team-oriented style, unimpeachable integrity and values that align with our principles.