Leading Investment Bank seeking an Analyst, Legal Entity Reporting to join their growing firm!!
Name: Leading Investment Bank
for the month end close for the Impact sub ledger and cash / control accounts
for the firm- ensuring reporting is in compliance with both IFRS and US GAAP.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Perform first level review and fundamental analytics of the Fixed Income
businesses balance sheet and associated reporting schedules prior to submission
to mid and senior management.
• Review the work performed by Analyst(s) in the firm's LEC team.
• Responsible for the month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and
sign off in INFORM. Identification, escalation and resolution of issues
associated with substantiation.
• Prepare quarter end and year end reporting schedules for the Financial
Reporting group and Regulatory Reporting group. Work proactively in non quarter
end periods to address problem areas from prior reporting periods.
• Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and control
improvements within the month end close and to work with manager and relevant
teams to implement solutions.
• Liaise with Product Control Group, Operations, Regulatory Reporting and
Technical Accounting Group on a daily / month end basis.
• Liaise with auditors during their examination of the relevant business
lines to supply relevant information and to address questions.
• Provide accounting and financial guidance – oversee financial monitoring
control framework, and compliance with accounting, regulatory and balance sheet
• Take the lead in any assigned projects – act as a subject matter expert,
review project documentation, participate in UAT and implementation phases.
• Respond to complex and challenging ad-hoc queries from various
stakeholders, including senior management.
• BA/BS Accounting / Finance
• 1+ years of relevant work experience
• Public accounting audit experience
• Financial product knowledge
• Excel & PowerPoint
• MS Access
• Working knowledge of relevant accounting standards under both US GAAP
• Experience preparing monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting,
including disclosure requirements
• Team player
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented and analytical - able to work efficiently with
spreadsheets and solve problems with minimal guidance