Job Number: MS04190
NY - New York City Date Posted:
Premiere Real Estate Fund in NYC seeking Assistant Controller to oversee accounting team of 2-3 people!
Name: Leading Real Estate Firm
About the Fund:
Requirements / Qualifications:
• $40B AUM
• Investments across commercial, industrial, hotel, and residential properties
• 30+ Years in Business
• Typical Day: 8:30am – 6:00pm!!
• Great culture, young and fast paced environment
• High employee retention rate - position open due to someone being
• Small accounting team
About the Role:
• New hire, position is open due to growth of the fund
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must be humble (very laid back environment, arrogance will not fly)
• Work together with the firm’s RE investment professionals, legal team and tax
• Work closely with CFO
• Lots of room for internal mobility across different groups
• Opportunity to play an integral role in the direction of the firm
• Portfolio consolidations and compilation of fund financial reports
• Review of cash contributions and distributions to JV partners
• Review waterfall calculations to ensure accordance with JV agreements.
• Review closing entries for asset acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
• Assist with staffing of the fund accounting group including providing
feedback on Portfolio Accountant performance.
• Train and develop team of Portfolio Accountants.
Ad hoc projects
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
5+ years of real estate experience
Public/Private mix preferred