Job Number: MS03706Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-06-06
Salary Range: $81-100k
Exciting new Accounting/Valuations Associate position!Company Information:
Name: Premier Hedge FundJob Description:
· Preparing US GAAP CLO financial accounts, which are consolidated onto the firm's financial statements, ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial controls and US GAAP.
· Preparing financial reporting disclosure templates, which are included in the firm's quarterly SEC filing
· Supporting the monthly valuation process for CLO’s and other Structured Credit investments, by evaluating pricing and inputs provided by third party valuation providers.
· Supporting the fair value calculation and reporting process for new CLO transactions under U.S. Risk Retention Rules.
· Analyzing and communicating key valuation results, issues and risks to Portfolio Managers, Valuation Committee and other interested parties.
· Supporting the year-end audit valuation testing by working with third party valuation providers to provide supporting documentation for valuation conclusions.Requirements / Qualifications:
· 3-5 years experience at a top tier public accounting firm or a CLO asset manager
· Bachelors Degree in a finance or accounting. CPA/CFA a plus, but not required
· Strong technical accounting skills, particularly US GAAP. Well versed in valuation concepts under ASC 820.
· Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements impacting the investment management industry an advantage.
· Experience accounting for financial instruments and derivatives. A working knowledge of structured finance products (especially CLOs) an advantage