Job Number: MS03662
NY - New York City Date Posted:
Leading Real Estate Firm looking to hire a Director of Tax to join their growing team!!
Name: Leading Real Estate Firm
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Proactively advise project managers on advantageous
tax strategies when structuring new acquisitions, refinancings, partner
buyouts, dispositions, and other transactions.
- Assist the Portfolio Management team in analyzing
existing properties and value-add opportunities.
- Create proforma tax position projections on a variety
of existing and new transactions so as to provide for real-time,
actionable, effective negotiating and planning strategies.
- Effectively analyze and communicate the tax impact of
various transaction structures on the tax liability of the firm and its executive owners; provide advice and guidance on how to minimize
such impact within the context of various transactions and structures.
- Work effectively with internal and external tax
professionals, including those advising our tax credit, preferred equity,
and mezzanine lender partners, to structure favorable outcomes.
- Stay abreast of tax policy, potential changes, revenue
rulings, and other pertinent information with regard to the tax
implications of these items on transactions.
- 5+ years of industry experience in an established
- Experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credit
partnerships, LLC’s, and other structures
- A deep understanding of real estate partnership tax
principles and tax mitigation strategies
- Proven track record of advising clients on successful
strategies similar to those outlined in the Responsibilities section
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to
explain complicated tax concepts to non-tax, transactional professionals
- Proven ability to translate complicated tax principles
into actionable, beneficial strategies
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfort working in a
- Proactive planning skills
- A strong desire to stay on the forefront of real estate
tax policy and potential changes, and the ability to translate that into
implications recommendations for the firms transactions and
- A gritty determination to win
- An impeccable track record of integrity and character