Job Number: MS03891Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2019-06-19
Salary Range: $101-125k
As the Product Control Production Associate your primary responsibility will be the production of P&L for the US Fixed Income Business. The Position requires an in-depth understanding of the most complex of Fixed Income Cash Products (MBS and Municipal Bonds) and the ability to back up the daily pnl production and month end close processes for all roles within the group.Company Information:
Name: Leading Investment BankJob Description:
· Assist in the production of the P/L statements to be provided to Front Office and Product Control Management. This requires the individual to be able to troubleshoot reconciliations between the front office and back office systems across all group business lines.
· This individual will provide Financial Control with a monthly Standards of Documentation binder to support the balance sheet and p&l recorded on the g/l, and will also attest to balances for which he/she is responsible.
· Work closely with Product Control Manager on high visibility projects at the US FIC level as well as projects involving Global Product Control.
· This individual will also ensure that variances to Desk Estimates are adequately explained, that reported P&L is reconciled to General Ledger and that Inventory and related accounts on the Balance Sheet are substantiated.
· The individual will assist the Product Control Manager in fulfilling head office requests for information about general ledger entries, variances of monthly and quarter results, audit, and other ad hoc requests.Requirements / Qualifications:
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance.
· Minimum of 5 years recent relevant work experience.
· Extensive understanding of Interest Rates and Mortgage related products as well as their accounting treatments.
· Working knowledge of Access, Advanced Excel, SQL and VBA are integral to this role