Job Number: MS04034Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-11-16
Salary Range: $51-65k
Entry Level Accounting Opportunity with a start up Private Equity firm!Company Information:
Name: Private Equity FirmJob Description:
The individual will be responsible for servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and financial accounting team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met. There will also be numerous other responsibilities including tracking the financial performance of the fund and assisting with capital calls/distributions, performance calculations and other day to day functions.
· Preparation of periodic financial statements and other accounting reports for our clients.
· Compile and analyze financial information underlying the financial statements.
· Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
· Updating the financial system (SUN) for all transaction related activity
· Preparation of asset level reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
· Calculation of performance metrics.
· Involvement with year-end audit, including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
· Monitoring compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and company procedures.
· Collect appropriate data and prepare relevant reports for clients.
· Additional ad hoc duties or project as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications:
The client is seeking a recent 2016 or 2017 graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
Candidates should have the intention of pursuing the CPA
Strong communication skills required as this individual will have significant client interaction