Leading Investment Bank seeking a VP of Global Wealth Management- Audit to join their growing team!!
Name: Leading Investment Bank
• Manage, analyze and
evaluate the Firm's Wealth Management brokerage business focusing on products,
investment advisory, branch operations, sales practices, and client suitability
to evaluate the risk and control framework supporting the business.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Experience in performing on-site retail branch audits in accordance with
FINRA rules and regulations.
• Conduct risk assessments for Wealth Management audit entity universe to help
drive the risk-based audit plan.
• Executing the annual risk-based audit plan to provide appropriate coverage of
retail brokerage activities. Ensure execution of the audit plan
within departmental methodology, policies and standards.
• Executing audits from start to completion including detailed walkthroughs of
key processes to identify internal controls, developing and execution of tests
of control and substantive testing procedures for key controls, execution of
testing, identification and reporting of issues. Involvement in scope
determination, audit planning memos, developing testing plans, review of staff
fieldwork, issue identification, issue discussions with clients and report
• Four-six years of audit
management, related retail brokerage or regulatory experience within the
financial services industry. Previous audit or compliance
experience with a complex or medium size bank or broker dealer that focused on
retail broker dealer sales practice and suitability trading activities or
related public accounting audit experience.
• A strong technical understanding of the regulatory environment with respect
to FINRA, SEC, and Federal Reserve regulations.
• Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk
assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous auditing.
Multi-tasking of various projects and deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for audit reporting
discussions with Senior Audit and Business Management. Prior experience
communicating with regulators a plus.
• Experience with local, state and federal securities laws a plus.
• A B.S. degree in business including Economics, Finance, Accounting, etc.
[note: an M.B.A. or equivalent postgraduate degree is highly encouraged to
demonstrate the candidate’s discipline, commitment and focus].
• CPA, CIA or other related licensing a plus.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task amongst several projects through the use of strong
project management skills