Job Number: MS03942Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-10-05
Salary Range: $66-80k
Financial Services Firm seeking a Public Equities Accountant to join their growing team!!Company Information:
Name: Financial Services FirmJob Description:
· Work with the Director of Finance & Accounting and the investment team to ensure the proper accounting and reporting of all transactions.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with OA trading desk to ensure complete and accurate books and records.
· Be knowledgeable about public equities, listed and OTC options, and swaps.
· Support trade settlement as needed.
· Assist with the coordination of the audits of various subsidiaries by independent accountants.
· Be knowledgeable of internal control systems surrounding investment companies.
· Maintain accounting records for the mutual fund, with quarterly/annual coordination with fund administrator, quarterly/annual investor letter and annual audit.
· Assist with treasury and funding operations and oversee/coordinate re-balancing of subsidiary funding of investments as needed.
· Have the ability to coordinate and execute on special projects where needed.Requirements / Qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting from a top-tier university.
· Strong educational background in accounting, knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, functional knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· CPA license.
· 2-3 years’ experience with leading organizations in public accounting, as well as experience with a broker dealer or hedge fund is preferred.