Job Number: MS03790Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-08-28
Salary Range: $101-125k $126-150k
Great Opportunity with a Leading Global REIT!Company Information:
Name: Leading Real Estate FirmJob Description:
· Analyze, research and review complex accounting transactions (including but not limited to acquisitions, dispositions, refinancings, build to suit transactions and lease amendments) and prepare related journal entries and documentation.
· Potential to be exposed to various accounting standards, including ASC 840 (Leases), ASC 805 (Business Combinations), ASC 480 (Distinguishing Liabilities from Equity)
· Analyze foreign currency movements, as well as review and analyze complex foreign currency transactions.
· Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and related supporting schedules.
· Prepare detailed balance sheet analyses and income statement variance and fluctuation analyses in connection with the quarterly close packages.
· Assist with the preparation of the statement of cash flows and supporting work papers.
· Prepare and Assist in preparing supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries
· Prepare and review support in connection with the financial statement disclosures.Requirements / Qualifications:
· 3-4 years’ experience in Big 4 Accounting Firm and/or Public REIT with extensive historical cost experience; experience in a real estate environment a plus
· BS/BA in Accounting; Masters and/or CPA a plus
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Highly motivated and goal oriented
· Ability to work well in a team setting
· Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Proficient computer skills – knowledge of JDE and/or Hyperion suite a plus