Job Number: MS03775Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2017-10-02
Salary Range: $66-80k
Private Equity Firm seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join their growing team!!Company Information:
Name: Private Equity FirmJob Description:
• Manage, maintain and analyse our propriety property database across all the firms' interests, which is directly valuable for our secondary deal underwriting process.
• Responsible for completeness of the firm's Annual Asset Review, prepared in collaboration with the Investment Team, in order to analyse our propriety property database across all of 200+ investments (primary funds, secondary transactions and co-investments) to actively manage primary funds and support the secondary pricing process.
• Focus on reconciliation of certain property level data (equity, debt, fair market value, etc.) to various sources and link these to investment performance and value drivers.
• Process property database related requests received from underlying funds, investors, internal clients, and auditors.
• Develop quantitative tools to track performance and exposure development of the firm's portfolios and provide projections how portfolios will evolve over time.
• Prepare the firm's track record and performance attribution models.
• Prepare quarterly investor (performance) reporting.
• Support Investor Relations to prepare investor presentations.
• Prepare investor Q&A related to performance and projectionsRequirements / Qualifications:
• 1-2 years of asset management and modelling experience required.
• Private equity or real estate experience preferred.
• BS Degree with minimum 3.5 GPA in Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline required.
• Exceptionally strong quantitative and modelling skills with a unique “feel for numbers”.
• Attention to detail extremely important; Cross-check own work with desire to strive for quality and consistency.
• Ability to work with various parties on several projects at once, all with tight deadlines.
• Team player who fosters collaboration across teams to improve efficiency of the organization.
• Strong work ethic, willingness to keep learning, honesty and integrity, as well as strong interpersonal skills.