Job Number: MS04149Location: NJ - Northern
Date Posted: 2018-01-18
Salary Range: $51-65k $66-80k
Global Fortune 500 Company seeking a Financial Reporting Associate to join their growing firm!Company Information:
Name: Global Fortune 500 CompanyJob Description:
The position will assist with the preparation and review of SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and others as appropriate). The position will also assist in maintaining accounting policies and procedures and determining the accounting treatment for specific accounting issues. Specifically, the job responsibilities include:
• Assist in the preparation of information included in the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and related information and schedules which are included in SEC filings.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly analytics provided to senior management.
• Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to Company disclosures.
• Assist in the assessment and review of the department’s internal controls.
• Assist in the identification and resolution of technical accounting issues related to the Company.
• Assist in the monitoring and assessment of newly released financial accounting regulations and pronouncements.
• Participate in special reporting projects required by senior management.
• Assist in the preparation of XBRL detail tagging for SEC filings.
• Interface with Company management, outside public accountants, corporate accounting, internal audit, treasury and legal departments on an as needed basis.Requirements / Qualifications:
• BS degree in Accounting
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Good communication and analytical skills
• Strong work ethic
• Eagerness to learn
• Well organized, detail oriented – will need to track own progress on a number of tasks
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Self motivated individual