Job Number: MS04015Location: NY - New York City
Date Posted: 2018-03-07
Salary Range: Over $150k
Top Re-insurance firm seeking Accounting Policy Manager to implement new accounting standards and manage accounting analysis for complex financial instruments!Company Information:
Name: InsuranceJob Description:
The primary focus of this position is to provide accounting advice (including policy development) related to investments and perform accounting analysis of financial instruments, products and complex transactions.
The duties will also include assistance with implementation of new accounting standards under US GAAP applicable to the organization, and assistance with providing accounting trainings to various functions/levels within and outside of the Asset Management function.
It also offers exposure to the various levels of management within and outside the Asset Management function, and to the entity-wide Accounting Research Team through collaboration on various projects.
Primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
· Analysis and documentation of new transaction terms and associated accounting treatment, which involves interaction with Business, Legal and Finance
· Conducting accounting research and formulating application of the US GAAP framework to transactions, financial instruments, and hedging programs
· Keeping current on new relevant US GAAP requirements
· Assisting with the implementation of new US GAAP pronouncements and formulating relevant accounting policies, as well as the implementation of IFRS 9 at the affected legal entities and branches
· Assisting in preparation and delivery of training programs for Finance and BusinessRequirements / Qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
·4-8 years in Public Accounting (Financial Services Industry exposure a strong plus) or 6-9 years of work experience in the financial services industry
· Strong command of the US GAAP framework associated with: consolidation, classification & measurement, impairment, derivatives, hedge accounting, transfer of financial assets, fair valuation of financial instruments
· IFRS experience is not required but a plus