Job Number: MS03561
NY - New York City Date Posted:
Exciting new opportunity at growing Real Estate Firm!!
Name: Leading Real Estate Firm
- Manage multiple fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables; monitor quality of client deliverables.
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with staff.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity funds; provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients as needed.
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management/administration agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms and accounting of fund transactions.
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the properties of investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review management fee calculations, including offsetting amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Prepare and/or review limited partner and general partner allocations and partners’ capital account statements.
- Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices.
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms.
- Review general ledgers and trial balances; prepare and/or review financial statements, footnotes disclosures, and supporting schedules.
- Develop/maintain robust review procedures around deliverables.
- Coordinate, manage , and monitor the year‐end audit process, in collaboration with the client and external auditors.
- Where applicable, coordinate with/support other groups/service providers supporting the funds (Tax, Operations, Investor Relations, Banking, etc.)
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients.
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system as needed.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on all technical and client service related topics.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds; private equity fund experience required; public accounting experience a plus.
- CPA designation a plus
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting (E.g. IFRS or Tax), with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- 5+ years’ experience supervising two or more professional staff; strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals.
- Hands‐on management style with strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the proven ability to multi‐task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player
- MRI and/or Yardi experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.